Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G - Networking Problem

Hello,

I have an implementation of both PAP2T ATA's and SPA504G's on the same network.  The PAP2T's are working absolutely fine, whereas the SPA504G's hang at "checking DNS" screen on boot.  I have traced this problem to the fact that my default gateway is on a different subnet than the IP of the phone... yet the PAP2T's are working fine.  My PBX box is located offsite.

My phone network config is:-

IP: 203.187.252.219

Mask: 255.255.255.192

G/W: 203.173.146.97

(IP's changed for security)

Any ideas?  Could this be a firmware issue as DHCP is issuing the IP information and the PAP2Ts are working fine, and if I plug a computer into that connection, it also works fine so the problem seems to be just with the SPA504Gs.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

What FW version are you using? Could you please use the latest FW version available at cisco.com? (just want to make sure the issue happens with the latest FW of the product).

In addition, if you can grab network and syslog traces this would help debugging the problem.

Regards;
Alberto

Hi,

I have tested with 7.4.6 as the issue is still apparant.

We can see packets from the phone leaving its network and reaching ours; although the phone does not seem to pick the packets we send to it.

A PAP2T and PC's work fine with this configuration.

Would it be possible for you to contact me off this board and I will give you some access to a PC on the phone's network such that you can access and diagnose the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: