Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones registering in Secondary Server

juan.anzola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a client with 3 CUCM Servers, and yesterday all the Main Site Phones fail over to the secondary server in the CM Group.

The CM Group look like this:

1.- 172.31.3.12 (Sub1)

2.- 172.31.3.14 (Sub2)

3.- 172.31.3.11 (Pub)

Rigth now all the phones a registered to the Sub2 Server. I checked the services in the Sub1 and everything looks OK. I dont understand why the phones are not failing back to the Primary Server (Sub1). Is there any way to force the failback? Thanks in advance for your help.

Att,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

techguy73
Level 1
Level 1

You can restart the call manager service on the sub1 and it should clear any issue, the switchover will be automatic, but if it is still the same, try resetting one phone and see if it registers to sub1, if it does, then you need to have the phones restarted. Also (if needed) resetting the device pool re-register everything according to the group but it's an off hours activity for sure.

If this help, please rate.

cheers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

techguy73
Level 1
Level 1

You can restart the call manager service on the sub1 and it should clear any issue, the switchover will be automatic, but if it is still the same, try resetting one phone and see if it registers to sub1, if it does, then you need to have the phones restarted. Also (if needed) resetting the device pool re-register everything according to the group but it's an off hours activity for sure.

If this help, please rate.

cheers.

Hi Techguy,

It did solve the issue. Now i would like to know what can be the causes to that issue in order to prevent that of happening again.

Best Regards,