Views
Helpful
Replies

Support tools required for ICM 7.5

dabellan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We are upgrading a customer from ICM 6 to ICM 7.5. Is support tools a required  application for ICM 7.5?This is a technical question - not sales or ordering related - I just need to  confirm if we upgrade to ICM 7.5, support tools is not required and there will  not be issues if we do not install it.

Thanks

David

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's not required, it just makes life easier.  Heck you can install it on any old computer.

david

View solution in original post

If you are upgrading from ICM 6.x to ICM 7.5 I can guarantee you are doing a tech refresh and a server from the old hardware set is a perfect candidate for Support Tools. It takes all of 10 minutes to install and configure. You could easily use make use of it.

Regards,

Geoff

Yeah the verbiage is misleading, don't worry about support tools server, do your upgrade and after you're done I recommend (and it sounds like Geoff does too) to put it in place.  You will need both a server for it and to ensure the client is running on all the ICM components.

david

5 Replies 5

It's not required, it just makes life easier.  Heck you can install it on any old computer.

david

If you are upgrading from ICM 6.x to ICM 7.5 I can guarantee you are doing a tech refresh and a server from the old hardware set is a perfect candidate for Support Tools. It takes all of 10 minutes to install and configure. You could easily use make use of it.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

So it means it is only OPTIONAL?I am confused..As I see in the upgrade guide of ICM(Page 51)it seems it is required...See link below

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_5/installation/guide/icm75ug.pdf

Yeah the verbiage is misleading, don't worry about support tools server, do your upgrade and after you're done I recommend (and it sounds like Geoff does too) to put it in place.  You will need both a server for it and to ensure the client is running on all the ICM components.

david

Thanks for  the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: