Placing PSTN calls without dialing acces code (only one extension)

Unanswered Question
Sep 7th, 2010

Hi,

I have 0 as acces code for my spanish dial plan. I need an extension to be able to place calls without dialing 0, is it possible?. This extension is connected to a credit card reader, which I have no access to the configuration menu. Before installing the UC, the card reader was connected to the PSTN directly, and it does not dial any access code.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Tue, 09/07/2010 - 11:45

Though not exactly what you are looking to do, the following link provides the concepts for making this work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Here's an example:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 // /0/

voice translation-profile 1
translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip
translation-profile incoming 1
answer-address 1234

The above configuration would prefix a 0 on any call originating from extension 1234.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

sistemas.sede Wed, 09/08/2010 - 02:18

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the response. What I need is just append a 0 for the outgoing calls originated from a specific extension. I think your example could work in my scenario, I am going to try it.

Regards!

sistemas.sede Wed, 09/08/2010 - 07:37

Hi Brandon,

It didn't work. If I'm right, CME appends a digit after gathering the whole digits. If I start dialing a PSTN number without 0, as soon as the CME doesn't find a pattern in the dial plan it returns the busy tone, as it should be.

What I'm looking for is a way to make a specific extension able to make outbound calls without dialing the access code '0', while the rest of the extensions continue dialing '0'.

Any suggestions?

Steven DiStefano Wed, 09/08/2010 - 07:47

If PSTN access is FXO then you can try putting "CO_Line" on the phone buttons, which I have found when pressed are on the dial tone of the telephone company, and no access code required.

Brandon Buffin Wed, 09/08/2010 - 08:44

I haven't tested this, but wondering if you could add a dummy dial peer that would give the call something to match until the translation can be completed such as:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1 (dummy IP address)

Theoretically, calls would never hit this dial peer. It would just match the outgoing call initially until the translation profile is applied.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion