Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA & UC500 Problem with 2digit extensions

pbanholzer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a UC500 with the Cisco Configure Assistant 2.2(5). Software version of UC 8.0.4 Package - but had this problem before.

The system was initially configured through the CLI interface and I now want to use the CCA to allow our customers "IT Guy" to add phones etc. This worked before through the webinterface of the CUE but has now disappeared with the update to the new package.

The problem on this system is, that the CCA wants to constrain me to change the 2 digit extensions to 3 digit extensions. And does not allow to set 2 digit extensions. But the system already runs with about 50 two-digit-extensions - so there is no possibility to change to three-digits.

My Question:

Is there a possibility to change the value "Number of Digits Per Extension" located through "Configure -> Telephony -> Voice -> System (Tab)" - so that it is possible to use the CCA with this system?

Thanks

Patrick

If you need more details - tell me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pat and Cole,

There is actually a bug fix underway  "CSCti58301" to get better CCA support for extension lengths of 2-9 digits.  As you have probably figured out 2 digit dialing is an issue if configured via the Telephony setup wizard today.

From the screen capture below,  it sure looks like you have to reset the unit to factory defaults, and then set two digit dialing.

A fix is coming with CCA version 3, maybe out before the end of the year.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I do not think it is possible to change the number of digits per extension value in CCA once the system has been set up. This field can only be changed when there is a blank telephony configuration detected on system.

If the OOB configuration guidelines have not been followed when configuring this system using the CLI then CCA will not function properly and you would be best off sticking to CLI management.

Cole

Hi Pat and Cole,

There is actually a bug fix underway  "CSCti58301" to get better CCA support for extension lengths of 2-9 digits.  As you have probably figured out 2 digit dialing is an issue if configured via the Telephony setup wizard today.

From the screen capture below,  it sure looks like you have to reset the unit to factory defaults, and then set two digit dialing.

A fix is coming with CCA version 3, maybe out before the end of the year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: