cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove "Bell" from phone

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the "Alarm bell" that appears on a phone so I can reconfigure it for another user. I'm having a brain slip, usual day for me. anyone have an idea?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Is this in a set of four icons? If yes, then this is IPMA and is triggered by the End User assigned to that phone having a Manager Configuration assigned. You have to use the Related Tasks dropdown from the End User Configuration page to get to it.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey John,

We're both having one of those days

Can you expand on what you mean by "Alarm bell" I'm not sure what reference or

context this fits in to?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

There is a icon of a "bell" on the lower left side of the screen on a 7942 phone. I thought it had to do ipma manager but cannot find anything on the web about it.Although when I press DND it places a zero with a line through it to represent "not". Any idea what seeting removes this?

Thanks.

John

Is this in a set of four icons? If yes, then this is IPMA and is triggered by the End User assigned to that phone having a Manager Configuration assigned. You have to use the Related Tasks dropdown from the End User Configuration page to get to it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the help Rob. The problem was the user was removed from AD a while ago and thus not showing up in user account. I tried to add him back to AD and update LDAP etc.. What I had to do was remove the phone all together and rebuild it from scratch, no more bell!!

Thanks.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: