Helpful
Replies

7.2 ICM Script - Need to Grep for data within Formula Editor

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

We  have a massive SET_SKILL script.  I'm the FNG and have been

tasked with grepping every IF node in this script and using the formula editor

to determine the 4 digit Route Code and where that Route Code is being routed.

The current engineering team has built an Excel macro that involves cutting and pasting the body of text

from formula editor into the Excel macro and repeating that process over and over and over!

There are literally hundreds of IF nodes in this script and I am hoping that someone has run into a similar

need before.  I've tried exporting the script but can't figure a way to read and grep the proprietary format for the 4 digit code and

the next node it is being routed to.

See attached screenshots.

TIA,

Amir

4 Replies 4

I don't know of a way, you could try and use the Find command in the script editor.  Personally, just on what you've stated so far, I would spend the time in redesigning your scripts, they sound like an absolute nightmare.

david

lol - that would be a very accurate description of our scripts!

"Find" can certainly work for you.

If I were building that script, rather than have a huge set of IF nodes like that, it's much easier to do this with a CLID node with the "expression" set. This node is often used to analyze area codes of ANIs and route accordingly, but it has a lot of flexibility.

You will get a nicer style of branching and you can set up all the patterns and in Excel and copy and paste them right in there.

This is a CVP script where I am looking at Caller Input coming back from Audium to decide on what to do with the menu item selected.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.  My conclusion is that the script needs to be re-designed.  For now,

I'll labor through the cutnpaste process to grab the data that I need from the script.

Regards,

Amir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: