cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System Numbering Question

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

I typically use 1XXXX for system numbers, but I have a situation where we need to use [1-8]XXX for user extensions.  I don't want to simply lower the inter-digit timeout and use 1XXX.  So, I see my obvious option as:

• Use 1[235]XXX for system numbers and free up some ranges for user extensions.

However, I'd like to free up all 1XXX for user extensions.  Will using 0XXXX for System Numbering cause any issues other than with inter-digit timeout with '0' for operator?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be fine, it will view it as 0100. I tend to use a mixture of a dedicated System Partition and very long system numbers for future proof in case we ever have DN`s beginning with 0 in your case . So if you were to use 0 as a system prefix then make it 0000xxxxx so at least you will only make use of one potential DDI, DID number of 0000 obviously any other number with 000x will rely on the EOD timeout but at least you future proof  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no real difference if you use 0 or 1 (or anything between 0-9 for that matter)

CUCM has no special significance for any digit.

If you currently only use 0 for the operator then that would be the only DN affected.

You can tell users they can press # to expedite the call to the operator.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

And, as far as you know, no other apps like Unity Connection/Unity, CER/UCCX CTI Ports, etc, would have issues with their numbers beginning with a '0'?  For instance, when configuring the range of numbers for CTI Ports in UCCX, if we start with 0100, will it interpret it properly, or as 100?

You should be fine, it will view it as 0100. I tend to use a mixture of a dedicated System Partition and very long system numbers for future proof in case we ever have DN`s beginning with 0 in your case . So if you were to use 0 as a system prefix then make it 0000xxxxx so at least you will only make use of one potential DDI, DID number of 0000 obviously any other number with 000x will rely on the EOD timeout but at least you future proof  

There is a known issue with leading-zero directory numbers and Auto Registration. Do not use a DN range starting with zero for your auto-registration DN range.

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

Awesome info everyone.

Thanks!