Querying CDR Database

Answered Question
Sep 7th, 2010
User Badges:

I am running CUCM 7.1.3 and I am wanting to write my own web application that will let me query data from the CDR database. I keep finding resources that show on the older systems (when they ran Windows) you would just connect to the sql server and query. I fear that it's not so simple these days and there is a different method of doing so. My guess is some kind of SOAP or XML call ?

Thank you!

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 6 years 6 months ago

UCM will FTP flat files of the CDR records to a server of your choosing. It's up to your application to parse them and load the records into SQL.

Cisco Unified Serviceability Administration Guide, Release 8.0(2) - CDR Repository Manager

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Call Detail Records Administration Guide, Release 8.0(2)

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 09/08/2010 - 05:10
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

UCM will FTP flat files of the CDR records to a server of your choosing. It's up to your application to parse them and load the records into SQL.

Cisco Unified Serviceability Administration Guide, Release 8.0(2) - CDR Repository Manager

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Call Detail Records Administration Guide, Release 8.0(2)

Correct Answer
Jaime Valencia Wed, 09/08/2010 - 07:06
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

robert-rittenhouse Wed, 09/08/2010 - 09:54
User Badges:

Thank you for the excellent replies as usual. I stumbled upon the cisco developer portion of the website yesterday after I asked but I figured a push in the right direction couldn't hurt.

Do you know if there are any open source products that connect and do (even basic) CDR querying?

Also, if I am reading right, you make a SOAP request and you end up downloading a file from it with the results? Logic (i think?) would tell me that it would be returned in the SOAP reply, right? I haven't used it as much as I should.

Again, thank you both.

Actions

This Discussion