Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk UNSUBSCRIBE from IP Phone services

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have seen a couple posts (2002 and 2006) that say you cannot bulk unsubscribe.  Is this still the case.  I am running CUCM 7.1.3.32900-4

Thank you for your time,
Jeff

9 Replies 9

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot bulk unsubscribe services.  You can add services from a specific Template or remove a duplicate service subscription (e.g., EM subscribed twice, etc).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Great!

So here comes my work around question.  Can I delete the unwanted services and then update subscriptions?  In theory wouldn't those services not be there anymore?

Does anyone know of a roadmap for this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Roadmap - I've never heard one for this, but that doesn't mean anything persay.  There are very few people on the forums that could give you a solid roadmap date due for most features or enhancements due to NDA's and etc.

Workaround - your workaround sounds viable, in theory.  I could test this in a lab environment when I have free time (or you could do the same if you have a lab or lower environment).  What particular services are you trying to remove?

Hailey

In theory is the key isn't it.  I attempted to apply a new template to the phone with just one service....that just gave me a duplicate service.  Currently user's have EM, Cisco News, and Weather/Stocks.  I would like to remove Cisco News and weather/stocks....just leaving EM as the only service.  I do not have a lab to test in at this point, and  unfortunately we've got 200 phones in the system.....I mean...what's the worst that would happen the service wouldn't work?

Thank you for taking a look, i appreciate it.

Jeff

Yeah, applying a new template definitely won't do what you're looking for. As you found, it only gives you the duplicate service. You do have the services subscribed as part of Device > Phone Services correct? Are they enterprise subscriptions or no?

Jeff,

You can delete the service and it will remove the subscriptions. I just

tested on my 7.1(3) system. Your version may be different, but that portion

of the db schema has been consistent for a few revs.

There is another method that could be used if selectively removing

subscriptions. I touched on it in this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3065410#3065410

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

On 9/8/10 2:04 PM, "jeffrey-young"

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bill,

Thank you for testing.  I'm running 7.1.3-32900-4, so hopefully we will be set.  I will make the changes and see what happens.

Just a quick question.....do the phones reset after the actual service is deleted from CUCM?  Or do they need to be reset to recognize that the service is no longer available?

Thank you both again for your help,

Jeff

Jeff,

I tested with the exact same version. The phones will reset after you

delete the service. So, you should execute the change during a normal

change window that conforms to your change control policies.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

On 9/8/10 3:53 PM, "jeffrey-young"

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Good deal.  I figured so much but since you had just tested i thought I would ask.

Thank you again for your help,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: