cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Name changing on screen after pickup

ptrench
Level 1
Level 1

I am IT support for a company that runs a Cisco phone system. I am just learning the Cisco systems, and need a bit of help with setting up call routing in Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 6.1.2.1000-13. The best way I can explani my problem, is to give an example: Hallie calls Jon. On Jons phone, Hallies extension and name come up on his phone screen, but when Jon answers, Hallies name goes away, and turns into unspecified, or something of that sort. Please let me know which settings I need to change on the Cisco unified CM administration system, to correct this, thanks!

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On both the lines, check the the 'Display Name' and 'Display Name ASCII' and the 'Alerting Name' and 'Alerting Name ASCII' are both configured the same.

Note that if you browse to the line via the Device/Phone menu and through a phone configuration, you will see the 'Display Name' fields at the bottom of the page. If you go to the line config from Call Routing/Directory Numbers or from the Route Plan report, you may not see the 'Display Name' as you are looking at the 'shared' properties of the line; when a line is viewed as a 'Line Appearance' (i.e. a line on a specific device) it has more properties.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!