Initial Configuration for Cisco Voice Setup with Licensing

Unanswered Question
Sep 8th, 2010
User Badges:

Dear Experts,

My Scenario is:

I want to connect two offices A & B for voip solution.

1) Office A has Cisco router 2811 and a Pbx which is connected with E1 card installed in Cisco Router and the pbx supports 150 users

2) Office B has Cisco rotuer 2811 and is connected a Pbx which  is connected with E1 card installed in Cisco Router and the Pbx supports 50 users

I want to connect the pbx of both offices so that people from one office people could call to people to the other office over voip.

My questions are

1) Do i need a T1/E1 line from my ISP for this scenario? or only T1/E1 interface will do the job which is currently being used to only connect the pbx with the router?

2) What sort of license i need in order to install CME (Please note i will only be installing soft phones on maximum of 10 users)

3) Can i buy Cisco License online from any where in the world?

Please correct my scenario if i am wrong and advise with your expertise.

Thanks in Advance


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dksingh Tue, 09/14/2010 - 13:00
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hello there!

You don't really need any additional T1/E1 modules if you already have some sort

of IP WAN connectivity between the two sites/routers.

You should be able to create voip and pots dialpeers on both routers according to your

dialplan and send calls between the two sides using h323/sip. Pl. checkout info on IOS dialpeers at:

On ISRs the CME license is paper based and a SMALL one should suffice for your purpose.

Checkout Table3 for part#:

Do you have a local reseller or Cisco Account contact you can get in touch with for procuring the licenses?

Hope this helps...



This Discussion