cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP Question

gowrishankar.m
Level 1
Level 1

We have a centralised  site deployment running 6 CUCM severs and we have  a software MTP configured in one of the CUCM. i wan to know how many Phones this resource can support. I verified each sites indiviual gateway but i don see any configuration for MTP but conference bridge is configured . I wan to know whether the same config for conference will be used by MTP or not.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The default maximums of the UCM-based software MTP are shown in the IP Voice Media Streaming Service service parameters. Do not changes these values unless you are adding additional UCM nodes dedicated to this task (i.e. the IPVMS service is activated and the CallManager service is deactivated). Also be aware that the UCM-based software MTP only supports G.711. The Cisco Unified Communications System 8.x SRND covers this under the MTP and IPVMS sections.

A SCCP confrencing profile on IOS will not be used for MTP purposes. You can configure an MTP profile, register it to UCM, and place it in the appropriate MRGL if you want to run this on a local router.

gowrishankar.m
Level 1
Level 1

John thanks for ur reply. But i hav multicast MOH running on my router..I read a doc which stated that Multicast MOH and MTP should not run on the same device wats your opinion about it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: