cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure 99XX Phone Buttons

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

At my 9951 I have 5 buttons at left side and 5 "session" buttons at right side.

I want configure the phone with only one line. Since I can't change the softkeys I want configure a "Call Pickup" button to one of the right side.

So I copy the Phone Button template and change the new template so I set the 7th button to "Call Pickup".

I provide the phone with the new template and the button not appears. What to do?

If I configure the call pickup at left side, it works, but I need also some buttons for speed dials, call park and so on. So please say me how to configure these at the right side too.

Please don't provide me with the cisco links to the phone administration guides. I know them.

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The buttons on the left side are the feature keys and the buttons on the right side are the session keys.  These are "programmable feature keys" on the left.  The session keys are not programmable on the right side.

so I'm right, that if I use a 9951, I have one button for a line and if I use CallPickup, Callpark, DND and one PhoneServiceButton that only one button left for SpeedDial or BLF?

Sorry, but then the phone is not usable for customers.

I agree, The 66XX and 99XX phones are far from impressive.  Alot of things don't seem to work or are even possible that the 79XX phones can do easily.  I'm struglling just trying to add the DND softkey to the 9951 phone, the 66XX phone you can't show the extension number unless you don't want to use the external mask.  From what I can tell so far Cisco failed at designing these phones...

HI,

So what are these session keys ? Can we use them for any other purpose ?

Thanks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/user/guide/book/tshoot_rt902.html

Q. What is the difference between the buttons on the left and those on the right of the screen?

A. Your phone has feature buttons on the left and  call session buttons on the right. Use the feature buttons to access  features (such as speed dial) or select a phone line. Use call session  buttons to perform call-related tasks, such as making a new call,  resuming a held call, or checking your voicemail.

You cannot program the session keys for other purposes, the feature keys can be defined for things such as mobility (left side keys).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: