I am currently doing an internship in a business in France. I am doing different jobs on the CISCO network they have here.
The administrator asked me to find out few things as regard to the MST they have gotten installed by an external company quite some time ago. I checked few things on google but I can't find exactly my answer to it.
1. The network is composed of many Cisco switches (61 in total) including 2960, 3560, 3750 and a 4510.
2. When the network was installed years ago, they set up MST for a part of the network which included the 4510 going to a 3750 which one goes to a 3560 ----> 3560 ---> 3560 ----> 3750 and back to the 4510.
3. At that time they had 2 VLAN on the last 3750 (just before going back to the 4510 at the end of the loop). Since they have added 4 new VLANS on that 3750.
(See file attached for the plan of the network, it start at the 4510 going up to the 3750 and up again, then left, down to the 3750 and back to the 4510).
The questions are :
1. if a part of the network goes down, will those new 4 vlans go through the other one ?
2. Is there a way to verify it without having to disconnect a part of the network loop ? which may cause problem if it doesn't work ?
Thanks a lot.