CCSP/CCDP after CCNP

Unanswered Question
Sep 8th, 2010

I look through the Cisco Certification

To get CCSP Certification, the prerequisites is CCNA security or CCIE Certification

To get CCDP Certification, the prerequisites is CCDA or CCIE Certification

Example:

1) Say i have passed and earned my CCNP without taking CCNA security, can i go to take the CCSP Certification track ?

Same goes for CCDP

2) Say i have passed and earned my CCNP without taking CCDA, can i go to take the CCDP Certification track ?

I heard from others that having a CCNA or Higer level certification may skip the prerequisites for CCDP or CCSP. Some even mentioned that the below statement stated that:

Cisco professional level certifications (CCNP, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum or any CCIE/CCDE written exam before the certification expiration date.

Which is the correct prerequisites ? Will the Certification be recognised ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
burleyman Wed, 09/08/2010 - 04:59

Kianhong,

You kind of answered your own question....

To get CCSP Certification, the prerequisites is CCNA security or CCIE Certification.....so that means you have to have CCNA security or CCIE Certification to be certified as CCSP when you pass the requirements for that certification. If it allowed CCNP as a prerequisite than it would have stated that in the prerequisites.

You stated.........

and the same is true for the CCDP. You cannot "skip" any prerequisites for any Cisco certifications.

+Cisco professional level certifications (CCNP, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the+ +professional level+ (/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/learning_certification_level_home.html) +curriculum or any CCIE/CCDE written exam before the certification expiration date.+

This is correct but it has nothing to do with the prerequisites for other certifications.

I hope this helps,

Mike

Actions

This Discussion