Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 not communicating with ACS 4.2

dselfridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Strange one here, I have setup a WLAN with PEAP user authentication through ACS to the Windows database. My clients cannot connect to the WLAN.

From the logs, I can see no activity on the Radius server stats (as seen from the controller) and no failed login attempts on the ACS itself. The ACS/Radius is setup correctly on the controller and the controller can ping the ACS, but they just don't seem to be talking???

I have used this setup before, but the only difference is that the controller is a 5508 (done this with 4400's in the past) and the ACS is running on VMWare (Never done this before).

If I change the security to WPA2 PSK it works fine.

I want to use PEAP for user authentication. NOT Machine auth. I have a certificate installed on the ACS and it is in the trust list of the client PC.

Any help appreciated!

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kishork_1987
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Can you make sure that the shared key used between cisco wlc and acs are same

and one more thing, check you are using correct port number, the default port number for radius server on wlc(1812) is different

from the acs server portnumber which uses(1645).

so make sure on wlc you have 1645 port configured when configuring cisco radius server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kishork_1987
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Can you make sure that the shared key used between cisco wlc and acs are same

and one more thing, check you are using correct port number, the default port number for radius server on wlc(1812) is different

from the acs server portnumber which uses(1645).

so make sure on wlc you have 1645 port configured when configuring cisco radius server.

Hi,

Thanks, I've checked all that previously and it was OK. Great advice though, especially about the port numbers so 5 stars for you my friend!

However, the customer rang me this morning to say that it 'mysteriously' started working! I don't look after the customers network or ACS (Only the new WLAN), so I can't say that there was a glitch, but if there was it seems to be resolved now.

nobleboie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dselfridge

I'm currently having problems finding resources on how to setup ACS/IAS on my WLC 5508. Do you have any reccommended sites or resources that would help?

Thanks!

Noble,

Here are a few links...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60sol.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807f42e9.shtml

If you find this helpful, please rate the post!

Thanks

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: