cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

playing a prompt that says: "press 1 for voice mail, or just stay on the line to continue to wait for an agent

pankajibt
Level 1
Level 1

In a ICM Callflow after quening call to skill group i want to play IVR- press 1 for voicemail , or just stay on the line to continue to wait for agent.

i am putting run external script to call a M, Promp microapp . when i am selecting 1 call is going to voicemail . i have connected X node of Run external script to queue to skiilset but the call is not queuing.attached is the screenshot for the callflow.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i made some change . now call is coming out of x of Runexternal node

You cannot simply take all error conditions and send them to the queue logic - because you will be passing errors as well as the "no entry" condition. You need to specifically test for user.microapp.error_code = 17 (Reached Max No Entry Tries) and send those ones to your queue logic. See CVP 7.x manual, page 183. If it's not 17, then send to an End node so the gateway invokes survivability.

You need to create a special "no entry error" wav file with a small amount of silence and specify that you want to override the normal system message (Timeout Message Override). See page 526.

Get rid of that wait node - not allowed in any CVP scripts, despite what you may see posted elsewhere.

Your script is very messy and hard to follow. Normally you want to go left to right and structure vertically - don't come back right to left, and try not to have any of the lines crossing. Use line connectors to keep things logically organized. Take the queue logic into another script and use a Go To Script for clarity.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sean Ferguson
Level 4
Level 4

It doesn't appear that your fail connection is actually connected to anything.  In the screenshot you can see that it is gray, not blue.  Does the script validate?  It should give you a warning.

i made some change . now call is coming out of x of Runexternal node and going to loop . but not playing the queue annoucement second time.

attaching the screenshot again

i made some change . now call is coming out of x of Runexternal node

You cannot simply take all error conditions and send them to the queue logic - because you will be passing errors as well as the "no entry" condition. You need to specifically test for user.microapp.error_code = 17 (Reached Max No Entry Tries) and send those ones to your queue logic. See CVP 7.x manual, page 183. If it's not 17, then send to an End node so the gateway invokes survivability.

You need to create a special "no entry error" wav file with a small amount of silence and specify that you want to override the normal system message (Timeout Message Override). See page 526.

Get rid of that wait node - not allowed in any CVP scripts, despite what you may see posted elsewhere.

Your script is very messy and hard to follow. Normally you want to go left to right and structure vertically - don't come back right to left, and try not to have any of the lines crossing. Use line connectors to keep things logically organized. Take the queue logic into another script and use a Go To Script for clarity.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks buddy for your support. It works.

Your logic doesn't make sense.  You've already queued the call, why would you queue it again?  Why don't you repeat the microapp or sent it to another microapp that just plays music but can also accept a 1?  Once you've queued the call it is best practice to go into a queue treatment loop.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: