Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 does not reliably pass one-to-one static route anymore

TheRegerGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I've been pulling my hair out, and hope someone can help.  I have a RV082 connected to a Comcast business-class internet with 6 static IP's one-to-one routed to specific internal hosts.  This configuration has been stable for several years.

A few days ago, the RV082 stopped routing most of the external static requests to their specific internal hosts.  External machines only display the "Can't connect to the webpage" error.  Rebooting the RV082 re-enabled correct operation for about 30 minutes, then it failed again.

I pulled out my backup RV082, flashed it with the current configuration, and swapped it in.  It acted the same - external statics route correctly for about 30 minutes, then it just stops.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I can look to figure this out?

Thanks - Joe

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Which firmware is your RV082 running with? You might want to call Small Business Support Center so we can better assist you.

Funny that you mention calling the Small Business Support Center - I was talking with them most of yesterday afternoon.  I must say that I received *excellent* support from them!  It's been 18 hours without a failure (whereas before it was failing after 30 minutes or sooner).

I will not hesitate to contact Small Business Support in the future for any other difficult problems - very professional, and took the time to understand my environment.

Thanks - Joe

You defined the problem, but you didn't share the fix.   Kinda makes the knowledge base useless, doesn't it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: