Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Administrator Plugin files

ctcopsmde
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

anyone happen to know where (which directory) the unity admin plugin files are actually stored.  What files do i use to install the plugin manually...if at possible?  Thanks for any help.

-Marcus

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you are are referring to the Media Master toolbar which you can see in Unity Admin and also in PCA - show up as start/stop (i.e., playback controls) when there is a greeting option.  Media Master is invoked by DCOM which prompts you to install (if Unity is configured to do so).

Is that essentially what you're referring to when you say "Unity Administrator Plugin"?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

yes- thats correct.  We're testing Mcafe Solidifier on some of our workstations (lock down utility) and need to add those files as exceptions to facilitate install.

Thanks,

Marcus

I'm not sure where the actual files are - I may be able to locate them in a lab. However, depending on the version of Unity - the port used for the DCOM interaction may change. So, if this new tool is only worried about executable files then that won't matter. But if it is also running like a firewall type of utility then you may need to dig deeper there as well.

were running Unity 5.  The utility barks at "unknown" programs...i was hoping there was an msi or exe somewhere within commserv or someplace else that we could add as an exception to shut it up. Its never easy:-)  thanks for the ideas.

-Marcus

Well, it's an ActiveX install so it may be tricky for you.  However, the attached PDF gives detailed instructions on install/uninstall procedures and points out the files that are being referenced.  Read thru it and see if you can put it to you use in your scenario.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks agian for your help Dave, I'll take a look.

-Marcus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: