cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SGE2000P to use Cisco IP Phones

jbaraona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , I need to know if it's possible to configure the Cisco SGE2000P switch so I can use a Cisco 7945 IP Phone for Voice and Data.

The configuration is easy with other 3560 switches we got but, a colleague bought this switch to install it in a warehouse with 10 IP Phones and we cannot make it work with separate vlans (one for voice and one for data)

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jose,

Considering there is not CDP within the switch itself,  you will probably have to tell the phones which VLAN they belong to.

I assume as a pre-requisite that the switch has configured both tagged and untagged vlans assigned to all ports, even the uplink ports.

Now assuming that is setup correctly, goto the phones themselves ;

1. press the settings button

2. unlock them with the keyboard command **# 

3. set their Admin. VLAN Id to the tagged vlan number that is used for voice traffic.  You will have to find that option , most likely under the Network Configuration settings.

Save those changes. See if that makes a  difference.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jose,

Considering there is not CDP within the switch itself,  you will probably have to tell the phones which VLAN they belong to.

I assume as a pre-requisite that the switch has configured both tagged and untagged vlans assigned to all ports, even the uplink ports.

Now assuming that is setup correctly, goto the phones themselves ;

1. press the settings button

2. unlock them with the keyboard command **# 

3. set their Admin. VLAN Id to the tagged vlan number that is used for voice traffic.  You will have to find that option , most likely under the Network Configuration settings.

Save those changes. See if that makes a  difference.

regards Dave

Thanks for your help Dave, everything worked great!

best,

Jose