cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SGE2000P to use Cisco IP Phones

jbaraona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , I need to know if it's possible to configure the Cisco SGE2000P switch so I can use a Cisco 7945 IP Phone for Voice and Data.

The configuration is easy with other 3560 switches we got but, a colleague bought this switch to install it in a warehouse with 10 IP Phones and we cannot make it work with separate vlans (one for voice and one for data)

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jose,

Considering there is not CDP within the switch itself,  you will probably have to tell the phones which VLAN they belong to.

I assume as a pre-requisite that the switch has configured both tagged and untagged vlans assigned to all ports, even the uplink ports.

Now assuming that is setup correctly, goto the phones themselves ;

1. press the settings button

2. unlock them with the keyboard command **# 

3. set their Admin. VLAN Id to the tagged vlan number that is used for voice traffic.  You will have to find that option , most likely under the Network Configuration settings.

Save those changes. See if that makes a  difference.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jose,

Considering there is not CDP within the switch itself,  you will probably have to tell the phones which VLAN they belong to.

I assume as a pre-requisite that the switch has configured both tagged and untagged vlans assigned to all ports, even the uplink ports.

Now assuming that is setup correctly, goto the phones themselves ;

1. press the settings button

2. unlock them with the keyboard command **# 

3. set their Admin. VLAN Id to the tagged vlan number that is used for voice traffic.  You will have to find that option , most likely under the Network Configuration settings.

Save those changes. See if that makes a  difference.

regards Dave

Thanks for your help Dave, everything worked great!

best,

Jose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X