cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with voice gateway and inbound calls.

warriorforGod
Level 1
Level 1

I have a voice gateway hooked up to a PRI line at our backup site.  I have added it as a gateway in callmanager and put it in the correct route group as a secondary gateway.  I can make outbound on the voice gateway fine, but when inbound calls are made and the primary gateway is full, I just get a busy signal.  Any suggestions on where to start digging?

3 Replies 3

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing to check is whether the inbound call is hitting the backup gateway.  This would be dictated by your provider.  Run 'debug isdn q931' to see if the call hits the gateway.

If the call is hitting the gateway, we need to see the communication with CUCM.  Is this MGCP controlled SIP/H323?  Are your dial peers configured correctly?  If this is MGCP, provide 'show ccm-manager'.

If H323, make sure you have properly bound an interface that is routable to CUCM.  Also, make sure the IP of this interface is used in the gateway configuration in CUCM. 

Can you provide the dial-peer config (if applicable)?

Ideally, we would need to see some debugs, but I need to know which protocol you are using.

I have had the provider place a test call to the pri and I never see any traffic hit the gateway.  Today I had them turn down the PRI and then tried making an outbound test call which failed.

We know that we don't need to worry about outbound....you have already proven that your provider is accepting outbound calls.

The issue is inbound.  If you do not see the inbound test call hit the gateway, then there is a routing issue on your provider's side.  They are likely not routing the call to the proper circuit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: