cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8.0.4 Upgrade of CUE failed

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Started the upgrade to 8.0.4 and it started well, but I got a Upgrade failed; Upgrade of CUE failed.

Checked the log and it upgraded IOS, CME fine, then it backed up CUE which went fine, then it went to install the new CUE image and that failed.

I don't want to pooch it before I hear back from you guys so I'll leave it in this state without reboot.

I wish it was more detailed as to why it failed..

A little help...

THanks,

Bob James

22 Replies 22

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Versions:

IOS 15.0(1)XA2

CME 8.0

CUE 7.1.3

Cheers

Hi Bob,

Logs?

Steve

Hi Steven,

For for art they?

Huh?

Not following the Shakespeare

I looked for log files everywhere, where are they. Other than tunring on debugs where do I find them?

All it says is make sure you don't have FTP/TFTP running on the machine, which I don't and everything else runs except the CUE update.

I have the same problem with my uc560 and now cannot get inbound calls working across my E1 (ISDN 8 channel PRI)

Mine's just kind of in limbo now as I see the software (IOS) is uploaded to flash and everything else

looked like it worked, but I don't want to reboot at this point. I'm wondering if I can just try the CUE install by inself and see if that works.

I would suggest you open a ticket for yours, I can wait a little to get mine going as it's not a production system.

Steven are you there?

Bob James

Bob - CCA does that a lot.

It looks for the reboot and tries to access it again and says failed.  As long as you can confirm the transfer of the IOS was succes

sful and is on the flash you will be fine.  A console will always be able to help you in the case you need to xmodem your config over... but I am sure it will reboot.  Just have teh new IOS handy and copy the config from a command prompt.

John Nikolatos

www.niktek.com

My only concern is the config in CUE.

I would also like to know why it's failing, but can't figure out where to find the CCA Upgrade logs for more details, any idea.

I can wait a bit then I'll just plow through it.

Thanks

Logs are obtained by clicking HELP in the CCA menu bar, then Support, then generate log (a zip file gets saved where you specify).

Steve DiStefano

Found it,

Took me three times to find the button;

Something to pass on to the GUI team, on a laptop you cannot see the Troubleshooting button, there are two scroll bars on the right, I had to use the left one to scroll down, then the right one to scroll further to see the button.

I am re-trying the upgrade and I will review the log files and post here if I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Bob

Looks like a bunch of gobblygook, but at the bottom it looks like the checksum

failed with the CUE package.

Let me know what you see...

Thanks,

Bob

Will ask CCA team for assistance looking at logs and let you know.

When you performed you 7.1.3 CUE install back in the day, did we see a similar issue? What was the root cause and resolution? I seem to remember you are in Netherlands and localize Dutch, correct?

Steve

No Haven't had this issue before. And I'm in Canada, English

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: