Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic question on CUCM LDAP sync

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I have a basic question on using LDAP sync please.

Should I have a platform administrator and cisco call manager application user account created on the Active Directory before running LDAP sync?

I am pretty sure that the platform administrator account can not be  deleted; but I am not sure about the account used to login to the CUCM  administrator web pages.

Regards,

A Lalli-Cafini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No. You do not need to create an AD account for these users. The platform account is locally significant to each cluster node. The web admin account is an Application user object. Application users are not affected by ldap sync. Only End User objects are affected.

Note that you will need a user account configured in AD that cucm can use to perform the sync. This account only needs read access.

Hth.

Regards,

Bill

please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No. You do not need to create an AD account for these users. The platform account is locally significant to each cluster node. The web admin account is an Application user object. Application users are not affected by ldap sync. Only End User objects are affected.

Note that you will need a user account configured in AD that cucm can use to perform the sync. This account only needs read access.

Hth.

Regards,

Bill

please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

thanks mate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: