Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Menu step in place call step - UCCX

Hi,

I have a script that is checking the agent state, if the agent state is ready the script will parse an XML document and it will take the phone number of a contact, after that I use a place call step to call that phone number, I play a prompt for the called contact and after that I send that contact to a select resource step, so he can talk to the UCCX agent.

Now I want in the place call step to add a Menu step to give the called contact the oportunity to press 1 if he want to speak to the agent or if he wants just to end the call after listening to the prompt that I'm already playing for them. Is that possible? does the DTMF should be detected in such situation?...I tried to enable the media termination support, but with no luck.

Thank you,

Gabriel S.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gabriel

I've done a similar sort of thing - used a HTTP triggered script (script A) to 'Place Call' to another script (script B) which just queues to an agent. When the agent answers the Script B call, Script A would play out a menu (in fact, it would be looping a menu all the time it was in queue) and the agent replies with DTMF.

Do you have the properties on the Place Call step set to reference the correct media/cti port groups? I didn't have much trouble with it but can only imagine those settings being the problem (assuming DTMF normally works OK through this gateway)...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also make sure that you choose the new/second contact variable (not the --Triggering Contact--) for the menu step. It should be the same contact that you use to place the call.

Hi Aaron/Jonathan,

Thank you so much for the reply, yes I check all the parameters in the Place Call step and the call is place with no problem. Also I use the created contact instead of the triggering contact in the menu step, actually I do hear the prompt of the menu option. I was making some troubleshooting and I grab the select resource into the timeout branch of the menu step, so I though.. if the DTMF wasn't being detected, maybe in the timeout branch the select resource could work, but it didn't. Also I delete the menu option and put the select resource step in the succesful branch of the Place call and there works fine. So I am wondering if all this steps working together will work, Check my screenshot so you can see how my script looks like.

I will continue making some tests.

Hi Gabriel

So on the Menu step, did you assign the numbers to the branches? I often create the various menu branches, but forget to click the numbers on the tab with the keypad on the Menu step.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Yes, I assign the number to the menu branch. Something curious is that the resource step in the timeout branch doesn't send the call to the agent. I'll keep searching a possible error here.

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: