Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO, MGCP,SRST

Cirstea Nelu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have seen a lot of discutions about this combination. I have one wich is not working. IFXO which is configued as mgcp. I have connection plar opx on a voice-port.

From what I know it is mondatory to don't have connection plar under voice-port when configured as mgcp gateway.

Is there a posibility to make them work? I have seen that Attendan DN under the Call Manager MGCP gateway is doing the same as connection plar. What about when it is in SRST mode? Dose the Attendant DN solve the connection plar under the voice-port in SRST mode?

Best Regards,

Nelu Cirstea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Well - if that is still current, then it's another reason to go H.323. Without connection plar outside callers will just get dial tone when they dial your number, and would have to dial an internal extension number to reach anyone. It also opens up possibility of dialling other PSTN numbers so the call routes back out and you get to pay for the call.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The Attendant DN is only found on MGCP FXO ports, and is where CallManager will send the call - so when the gateway is not registered to the CallManager (i.e. in SRST mode), this setting will have no effect.

As far as I'm aware, in SRST mode, the connection PLAR command should take effect, but when registered to MGCP the CCM attendant DN config should override that. Is that not happening?

To be honest 100% of the FXO ports I've set up have been H.323 - primarily because that supports caller-ID whereas MGCP does not. In that mode, you would always have the PLAR command in effect, but would have the dial-peers pointing to CCM as the primary destination when not in SRST mode.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your quik answer.

At the folowing link it is writeen that:

Do not configure any of these           functions:

• Under Dial Peers

• destination-pattern

• session             target

• Under Voice Ports

• connection { plar | tie-line | trunk             }

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml

It is a document from 2006. May be it is a old one.

Regards,

Nelu

Hi

Well - if that is still current, then it's another reason to go H.323. Without connection plar outside callers will just get dial tone when they dial your number, and would have to dial an internal extension number to reach anyone. It also opens up possibility of dialling other PSTN numbers so the call routes back out and you get to pay for the call.

Regards

Aaron

is the attendant dn only functions the connection plar ? If so why it's  mandatory in mgcp fxo configuration in cucm 7 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: