Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 HA Creating a Permanent User Prompt from a Maintenance Script

neil.moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have script that records a prompt, names the wav file a puts it in the prompts directory. This is used for a special message for a contact centre script, these are usually temporary messages and there is an option in the same maintenance script to silence this prompt. The customer wants to be able to change the permanent prompts like the welcome prompt however when I restart the primary contact centre CRS engine the special message prompt is gone from the prompts folder in windows. It was never in the list of prompts when I listed the prompts in the app admin GUI page. Is there any way I can copy this recorded prompt from the windows folder to the prompt repository so that if the contact centre is restarted the prompt is not deleted.

I have attached a copy of the script so you can see how i'm doing this, When the call comes in to the script 'Main_Menu' the user presses 1, the call goes to the 'System_Menu' the user presses 1 again to go to 'Record_System_Prompt', from here you record the system message and the script puts a wav file called IECHA_IT_Sys_Mess.wav in to C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_GB. But this wav file is only in the windows folder not in the list of prompts in the UCCX appadmin page.

Thanks

Regards

Neil

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Neil

This is quite a common query; basically you should never write to the wfavvid folder directly. If you upgrade to 8.0, you'll find you can't do that anyway.

Instead of using a write document step or whatever to write to disk, so this:

1) Create a User variable

2) Use a 'get user' step to populate that variable with a user reference, you will need to specify a user ID or extension number on this step that refers to a user configured with Supervisor or Administrator rights. I usually allow the actual end user to log in with their extension and PIN, and use those creds to get the user. Other engineers just create a user called 'PromptUploader' or similar, and give that the required rights.

3) Once you have the 'get user' populating the user variable, under it's success branch add a 'Authenticate User' step to authenticate the user refernce in conjunction with a PIN or password (either that you gathered from the caller's DTMF or a static string)

4) Under the success branch for that, you can then use the 'Upload Prompt' step to upload the prompt you have recorded.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi Neil

Smart work... good to hear you have it sorted.

Aaron

p.s. Please take the time to mark 'answered' questions when you have a satisfactory response, this helps to identify useful content in the forums...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Neil

This is quite a common query; basically you should never write to the wfavvid folder directly. If you upgrade to 8.0, you'll find you can't do that anyway.

Instead of using a write document step or whatever to write to disk, so this:

1) Create a User variable

2) Use a 'get user' step to populate that variable with a user reference, you will need to specify a user ID or extension number on this step that refers to a user configured with Supervisor or Administrator rights. I usually allow the actual end user to log in with their extension and PIN, and use those creds to get the user. Other engineers just create a user called 'PromptUploader' or similar, and give that the required rights.

3) Once you have the 'get user' populating the user variable, under it's success branch add a 'Authenticate User' step to authenticate the user refernce in conjunction with a PIN or password (either that you gathered from the caller's DTMF or a static string)

4) Under the success branch for that, you can then use the 'Upload Prompt' step to upload the prompt you have recorded.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Hi Aaron,

Sorry about the late reply, I managed to get a prompt uploaded it uses the agent extension and pin to authenticate

Thanks for your help

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil

Smart work... good to hear you have it sorted.

Aaron

p.s. Please take the time to mark 'answered' questions when you have a satisfactory response, this helps to identify useful content in the forums...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: