Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 IPhone register question

antony_pan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

i user mobile 8.0 in IPhone , when loacl Lan register to CUCM(6.1.5) is very nice , but via Wi-Fi(different subnet) or Remote Wi-Fi or 3G(use VPN) can not register to CUCM and IPhone show Disconnected

Thanks

2 Replies 2

chris_smt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having  a problem like this one too. If using LAN, or wifi on the same network segment device is registered. But If I connect through vpn pptp to office, cisco mobile 8 cannot register, error message like "verify time out". I ping the  device is arround 50ms. I am using version 8.0.2. Maybe this is bug on the software. I check with RTMT, and I found that the device is already request TFTP, but the response from call manager seem doesn't get to the device. I am using wireshark to capture the traffic, I can only found "mdns" (multicast DNS). Anyone having the same problem. Please advice. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Chris

I am seeing the same problem.  I am trying to setup the iPhone for the first time so I though it was something I was doing.

Opened a case with TAC.  He could not find a record of the iPhone IP hitting the server so he said the communication was not getting through.

However on the iPhone:

-if I put in the device ID of a CUPC device it would report back "Protocol not supported"

-if I put in an invalid device ID it would report back "configuration not found"

-if I put in the iPhone device ID it would wait 30 seconds and report back "Verification timed out"

Based it on this it is obviously communicating with the CM server but something is interrupting it from finishing.

I have not tested via the LAN yet but that is my next step.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: