Question regarding possible bug in SA520-K9 router

Unanswered Question

Hi

Recently I have heard from two customers who has spoken with Cisco SB support, that there is a bug in the SA520-K9 router.

If I have understood it correctly, it seems that if the user changes the IP-range of the router, the router stops working...

Is this correct, and will there be a firmware any soon that fixes the problem?

And does the same problem apply to SA520W-K9 and SA540-K9?

Best regards

Runar

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nmanglik Thu, 09/09/2010 - 05:44
User Badges:

Hi Runar,

I am assuming that you are talking about changing the default LAN subnet on SA500. We have not seen this issue.

If this is not the case, can you please help me understand and elaborate more on "..it seems that if the user changes the IP-range of the router, the router stops working..."

Thanks,

Nitin.

nmanglik Thu, 09/09/2010 - 11:33
User Badges:

Hi Runar,

Please see the attached screenshot. I have changed the default LAN IP address (to 192.168.1.1) and also the DHCP server address range accordingly. 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101 are the DHCP clients on the LAN of SA500. The client is able to ping SA500 as well as the other client.

Please make sure that the old IP address is released from the clients. Once client has released the old IP address, the client should send a new DHCP request and will get an IP address from the new DHCP pool.

Thanks,

Nitin.

nmanglik Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:54
User Badges:

Hi Runar,

SA520W should not behave any different. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content