Sametime C2C SIP URI Incorrect Format

Unanswered Question
Sep 9th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I have installed Sametime C2C (server side) on a Domino 8.5.1 server and integrated this with CUCM 7.1.3. In the configuration file I have entered 7.1 for the CUCM version (It says enter 7 or higher to enable v7+ features). The policies in Sametime are allowing the users to see the 'call' button when they right click on their contacts. The trunk and everything is setup as per the installation document. We are not using digest authentication.

In the integrated Sametime/Notes client 8.5.1 we can enter the user's 'office' number in the preference ( have simply entered the 4 digit extension of my IP communicator here), when I go to sametime I can select this extension to dial out from. Now I cannot dial by right clicking on a user. Whatever number I try to dial, whether it be by right clicking on a user and selecting their call button or by typing a number in manually the call window pops up but nothing happens.

We can see the SIP messages coming from the Sametime server in a sniffer trace so CUCM is receiving the the SIP invite. The problem I think here is that the URI appears to be getting rejected by CUCM as it includes "tel:" which it cannot interpret.

For example

Request-Line: REFER sip:tel:[email protected];transport=tcp SIP/2.0
        Method: REFER
        Request-URI: sip:tel:[email protected];transport=tcp
        [Resent Packet: False]
    Message Header
        Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.1.0.77:5060;branch=z9hG4bKFL.CvHpp96wc0RdwuYKJGA~~19
            Transport: TCP
            Sent-by Address: 10.1.0.77
            Sent-by port: 5060
            Branch: z9hG4bKFL.CvHpp96wc0RdwuYKJGA~~19
        Max-Forwards: 70
        To: <sip:tel:[email protected]>
            SIP to address: sip:tel:[email protected]
                SIP to address User Part: tel:7502
                SIP to address Host Part: 10.1.1.1
            SIP from address: sip:tel:[email protected]
                SIP from address User Part: tel:7502
                SIP from address Host Part: 10.1.0.77
            SIP tag: ds80295a8f
        Call-ID:
[email protected]
        CSeq: 101 REFER
        Content-Length: 0
            Contact Binding: <sip:tel:[email protected];transport=tcp>
        Refer-To: <sip:tel:[email protected]>
        Referred-By: "c2c" <sip:[email protected]>;x-cisco-monitor-call

Does anybody know why why are being sent this: sip:tel:[email protected];transport=tcp SIP/2.0

I believe that the "tel" part of this request should not be sent by Sametime as next we see the message:

17838 218.512301 10.1.1.1 10.0.0.77 SIP Status: 416 Unsupported URI scheme

Could this be a configurable option not to send this part of the SIP message from Sametime? I don't think this is accepted as part of the SIP standards.

Perhaps I need to change the format of the users extension number in Sametime - but how?!!!

Needless to say, any help/guidance appreciated!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion