cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax to Email on UC560 w PRI

chris unger
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to give the 40 users on a customers UC560, a seperate DID for calls and Faxes.  Faxes would go to email, as well as voicemail.  The DIDs for voice go to email without a problem.  Can I associate the second DID (for Fax) to the same mailbox for fax?  I have utilized T37 for FXS but this is a little different.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can. CUE supports the use of a single DID for fax using the fax detect TCL script. You can also use a separate DID for fax, but still have a single mailbox. You can configure the fax number in the user configuration in CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/unityx.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I set the fax number in CUE, but it just goes to busy.  Do I need to have the number translated somewhere else?  I'm using two distinct numbers one for voice and one for the users personal fax.  I have searched up and down for a document that gives some detail.

Thanks again@!!!

OK, I think I'm down to getting the voice commands right.  Just to rehash what I have...  40 users with seperate DIDs and Fax numbers from a PRI.  Here is what I think I need to do, but have a few questions:

dial-peer voice 2500 mmoip
service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
destination-pattern 5555555555

information-type fax
session target mailto:801@10.1.10.1 voice 3000 pots
description FAX
translation-profile incoming FAX_Called_4
service onramp
incoming called-number 5555555555

dial-peer

direct-inward-dial
port 0/2/0:23

Do I need a seperate dial-peer voice xxxx MMOIP command for each users fax number?

Do I need a seperate voice xxxx pots command for each users fax number?

just to be clear of my "code" 801 is the users DID vm box, 5555555555 is the users private fax number

Chris,

I think you're on the right track. Yes, you will need a separate MMOIP dial peer for each DID. Your need for multiple inbound POTS dial peers will depend on your DIDs, If you have DIDs 555-555-5550 - 555-555-5559, you can use one dial peer:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 555555555.

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0:23

If you have DIDs 555-555-5551, 555-555-5523 and 555-555-5599, you will need separate dial peers.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: