Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling task in ASA5505

sistemas.sede
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to schedule a weekly reboot. I've looking for tclsh, event-manager, kron in my ASA 5505, but I didn't found anything.

How can I do this?.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Antonio,

You can schedule reboots with the 'reload at' command. This link explains how to do that:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/qr.html#wp1789096

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

If I'm right, with the reload command I can schedule a specific reboot, for a specific day, but what I need is that ASA reloads the same day-hour every week, not only once.

Thanks.

Hi Antonio,

In that case, the ASA doesn't support a feature that would accomplish this for you. You could look into setting up an Expect script that you can run on a PC with cron to login to the ASA and schedule a reload on a weekly basis.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

To add to mrober2's answer, you can also use simple SecureCRT vbscript to do that. You can find many examples on-line.

I hope it helps.

PK

I want to run a command 2 times per day at specific hour. As you mentioned, I should use cronjob in a PC to connect to ASA through SSH (or Putty). However, I cannot connect to ASA without password and I don't know how I can manage it in order to connect to it securely with password. Can you please help me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card