Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling task in ASA5505

sistemas.sede
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to schedule a weekly reboot. I've looking for tclsh, event-manager, kron in my ASA 5505, but I didn't found anything.

How can I do this?.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Antonio,

You can schedule reboots with the 'reload at' command. This link explains how to do that:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/qr.html#wp1789096

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

If I'm right, with the reload command I can schedule a specific reboot, for a specific day, but what I need is that ASA reloads the same day-hour every week, not only once.

Thanks.

Hi Antonio,

In that case, the ASA doesn't support a feature that would accomplish this for you. You could look into setting up an Expect script that you can run on a PC with cron to login to the ASA and schedule a reload on a weekly basis.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

To add to mrober2's answer, you can also use simple SecureCRT vbscript to do that. You can find many examples on-line.

I hope it helps.

PK

I want to run a command 2 times per day at specific hour. As you mentioned, I should use cronjob in a PC to connect to ASA through SSH (or Putty). However, I cannot connect to ASA without password and I don't know how I can manage it in order to connect to it securely with password. Can you please help me?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card