cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCM Capture

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible for a user to initiate a PCM capture? I recall a TAC engineer telling me that you could configure this and have the users punch *** on their keypad while on a call that we would like to get a PCM capture for. I've looked around quite a bit and can't find a procudure for this. Is this possible or was the engineer mistaken?

-Jake

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The '***' script is something which a colleague of mine wrote ad-hoc to facilitate in getting captures for intermittent issues.

I am attaching the latest version of the script and the instruction steps for this.  I need to make this very clear: this is not a TAC/BU supported script.  You may run into stability or reliability issues with it.  It's proven stable in the environments which we've used it, but because it was built off-the-cuff, it won't ever go through regression testing and we can't guarantee behavior.

Note that the tool to extract the PCM capture binary to audio streams is TAC internal, so you will need to open an SR to get the capture converted to listenable audio streams.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Search Netpro for a PDF document entitled: Using ‘show call active voice brief’ to Track and Troubleshoot Voice Calls. You'll find some threads where you can download this nice document explaining PCM Capture procedure used by TAC.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The '***' script is something which a colleague of mine wrote ad-hoc to facilitate in getting captures for intermittent issues.

I am attaching the latest version of the script and the instruction steps for this.  I need to make this very clear: this is not a TAC/BU supported script.  You may run into stability or reliability issues with it.  It's proven stable in the environments which we've used it, but because it was built off-the-cuff, it won't ever go through regression testing and we can't guarantee behavior.

Note that the tool to extract the PCM capture binary to audio streams is TAC internal, so you will need to open an SR to get the capture converted to listenable audio streams.

Thanks for the reply, Steve. This could be a very helpful tool in the correct situtation. I promise I won't open a TAC case if the TCL script crashes my router :-)