Views
Helpful
Replies

2960S and GLC-T

ooroncoym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question, Does the new switch 2960-S support GLC-T module in the uplink SFP slot?

I find in the data sheet the following:

Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960  with SFP-based ports:

• 1000BASE-T SFP-based ports**:  RJ-45 connectors, 4-pair Category 5 UTP cabling

**  1000BASE-T not supported on Cisco Catalyst 2960-S  switches.

Please, I need confirmation.....

Thanks

Regards

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it does.  I have a few installed.

vragotha
Level 3
Level 3

Vijay - could you please verify that the GLC-T is supported?  There are multiple conflicting documents.  I have also found conflicts in the Netformx tool where just two weeks ago the GLC-T was a selectable option and could be verified where today it is not?  Both the MLC and CT do not have this option to select the SFPs.

As it stands - i would have to order these as seperate items.

Thanks, Steve

I can confirm it works because I have several 2960S-24PD that have GLC-T in them.

wholemans
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that it works and that cisco DOES NOT support this, see also the thread i started about this an hour ago.

Cisco gave us the message that it might work but that they DO NOT support this, so whatever problem you get in a config that has these SFP, you risk to get no support.

Wim Holemans

Network Services

University of Antwerp

Hi,

I made the question, the respond of the Cisco Systems Engineers,is the following:

"Yes, the GLC-T is supported on the 2960S.  The data sheet hasn’t been updated.  However, the hardware installation guide does list the GLC-T. Here is the list of supported 2960S models for the GLC-T SFP:

Catalyst 2960S-48FPS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-48LPS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-24PS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-48TS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-24TS-L
          Catalyst 2960S-48TS-S
          Catalyst 2960S-24TS-S "

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco