cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving mailboxes in Exchange 2007

Travis Nash
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what is the effects of moveing VoIP-enabled mailboxes to another Exchange 2007 servers?

4 Replies 4

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check this out:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/maintenance/guide/8xcumg060.html#wp1068911

It should work if you follow the procedures cited in this link and Unity can access mailboxes on the target mail server.

Thanks, but I cannot open that link

Travis,

At a high-level, the impact of moving the mailboxes depends on what you do to prepare for it.  Your Unity server which is provided Unified Messaging has a Partner Server with the mailbox server role installed.  All messages route thru this partner server.  If you move mailboxes to another server without giving Unity the proper permissions or integrating Unity with that mailstore, then you are likely to interrupt service and "break" Unity's integration with Exchange. When you are operating a Unified Messaging environment, there is a tight integration/dependency as well as a delicate balance between the Unified Communications world and the Microsoft AD/Exchange world.

I can be more specific if you give me some details on what you need and/or want to do.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

The key text from the link I cited in my initial response:

"

Moving Subscriber Mailboxes for Cisco Unity 8.x

From time to time you may need to move subscriber mailboxes to another server that is faster or has more disk space available, or you may want to move mailboxes when you add new servers to your network. It is possible to move subscribers between servers without having to shut down Cisco Unity.

Caution If you are moving a group of subscriber mailboxes at once, confirm that you do not inadvertently select the Unity Messaging System, UAmis, UVPIM, UOmni, or USbms Exchange mailboxes. To move these special mailboxes, see the "Moving the Unity Messaging System, UAmis, UVPIM, UOmni, and USbms Exchange Mailboxes for Cisco Unity 8.x" section.

To move Exchange mailboxes from one server to another, follow the instructions in the Microsoft Exchange documentation. "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: