cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME dn dial-peer getting outbound calls

nbcsecurities
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the situation, I have a dn that is 2393. Actually I have 3, the first with is pref 0 forwards to a hunt group and the second two are the lines actually assigned to the phone, all are dual-line and have the pref's set to 1, 2, and 3 respectivily. Now, I have a couple of users that are trying to call out to a number in Florida that is a 239 area code and the first number of the prefix is a 3... Any time someon calls that number instad of going out the T1 like it should, its getting routed to the dn instead. What can I do to fix this? I have tried setting up a dedicated dial-peer for the number they are calling but that didnt solve it...

1 Reply 1

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have an overlapping dial plan.  This is one of many reasons why a trunk access code is recommended for PSTN dialing.

When CME has an extension or pilot number created, it adds the extension as an internal dial-peer with 'destination-pattern $'.  The $ means essentially means 'route this pattern right away when matched.'  Hence, a hunt group of 2393 will ALWAYS overlap with a PSTN pattern of 239.... or 239.......

The easy answer is have the users dial a 9 in front of PSTN calls, and have the system configured so outbound peers have a 9 on the front and strip the 9 before sending the call to the PSTN provider.

Your only other option is to configure the hunt pilot as a number which doesn't overlap with any PSTN dialing.  Which if you are in N America, would start with a 0.  Technically, if all of your CME extensions/pilots started with a 0, you could get by without dialing a trunk access code for the PSTN.  But then you're essentially using 0 as sort of a trunk access code for internal calls, so it's really the same concept.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: