cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6 Meet Me Conference Max Users / Conference Resources Usage

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to increase the max number of participants in a MEET ME conference and also understand how conference resources are used when a MEET ME conference is built.

When I do a MEET ME conference at my location it maxes out at 8 particpants total including the host no matter if the participants are internal or external callers.

We have several CUCM servers which are software conference resources.

In CUCM I have increased the max MEET ME parameter to 25.

We also have hardware conference resources in each H323 gateway.

The gateway at my location is set for max sessions 8.

In CUCM the Media Resource Group List for my location has selected 3 CUCM servers Media Resource Groups,  2 gateway IOS Media Resource Groups, and 1 gateway IOS transcode Media Resource Group.

I am not sure how the various conference resources are committed as the number of MEET ME conference participants increases and I am not sure why I can't get more than 8 particpants total?

It seems like there are plenty of resources available to allow more than 8 participants total.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes

If you switch the order, then you use the SW CFB and the limit is the one defined in the service parameters (assuming there are resources and your conference gets allocated there).

Once the SW CFB is out of resources you try the next one, which in this case is HW. THEN you hit the DSP limitations of 8 right now even if CUCM's service parameter is 32.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use HW CFB you get the default limitation of 8. Read this thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3174520#3174520

Even if you have the CUCM service parameter to something higher you cannot use it unless you enable the above for just G711 or G729.

If you use SW CFB then the limit is indeed the service parameter.

Even if you have more resources they are not invoked and that's WAD as you only reserve resources once and it's not dynamic.

Sessions in a DSPfarm means how many sessions you can have, not number of people in conference.

You have 8 sessions with X amount of people.

If all the resources are in a MRG they're used in round robin fashion, if they're in different MRGs and ordered in a MRGL they're used in the order on which they appear.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for a very helpful reply.

That other thread has some great info also.

Here is the dspfarm as configed in my gateway:

dspfarm profile 10 conference
description HMC_Conferencing
codec g711ulaw
codec g711alaw
codec g729r8
codec g729ar8
maximum sessions 8
associate application SCCP

The IOS version I am running is: 3800 Software (C3825-ADVENTERPRISEK9_IVS-M), Version 12.4(21a)

So after checking that other thread it looks like this IOS version should support the "maximum conference participants" command and I would need to remove one of the codecs from the dspfarm profile 10 conference.

But I don't see the  "maximum conference participants" command available.

At the end of the thread the OP mentions having to upgrade to IOS 12.4(24)T3 so I guess I need to go that route as well.

I understand now that there are 8 sessions defined in the dspfarm with X number of people per session.

In my CUCM each resource is in a different MRG then added to the MRGL so conference resources should be used in an ordered list according to your comments.

In the MRGL the IOS MRG is the first one listed followed by a CUCM MRG.

So as things stand currently even if I change the order in the MRGL and put the CUCM MRG first followed by the IOS MRG I am still limited by the parameters in the IOS dspfarm profile 10 conference and that will keep me maxed out at 8 users total?

Yes

If you switch the order, then you use the SW CFB and the limit is the one defined in the service parameters (assuming there are resources and your conference gets allocated there).

Once the SW CFB is out of resources you try the next one, which in this case is HW. THEN you hit the DSP limitations of 8 right now even if CUCM's service parameter is 32.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok I changed the order of the MRGs in the MRGL so the CUCMs are first.

Now I am able to get over 8 participants in a MEET ME for both internal or external callers.

This evening I will see if I can get to the specified limit of 25 as configured in the CUCM.

At this time I don't think it's necessary to upgrade the IOS.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!