cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express: Display name in exchange/outlook

sky_voice
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled voicemail integration with exchange. when I receive a message in outlook. I'm getting it from Cisco Unity Express. I want change it to my company specific name. I would like to know where I can change this settings

Thanks & regards,

6 Replies 6

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using the message notification or IMAP integration? Are you referring to the "from:" field?

-Felipe

I am using message notification with Exchange. Yeah, I am referring to  "From" field in the Outlook.

1) Already setup the SMTP server, port, AD credentials in the Unity Express.

2) Receiving notifications with .wav file. everything is smooth, just curious to understand how to customize the "From". I am receiving it from "Cisco Unity Express", which I believe is the default setting. Where I can make the changes so, ther it will appear with my company name.

Thanks in advance!

The command is voicemail configuration outgoing-email from-address and is documented in the CUE Administration Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/6MsgNotf.html#wp1011937

-Felipe

Thanks Felipe,

I have already configured the "outgoing-email from-address".

What I am looking for is, the "From" Field. Presently I am receiving e-mails from the address which I'd mentioned in the "outgoing-email from-address".

However the Display Name or in the "From" field of outlook it is showing "Cisco Unity Express", which I would like to change to my company name.

e.g.

From                                     Subject                                   Received  ............... etc

Cisco Unity Express               Message Notification           

Here I want change it! When I open the message in new window it shows like this: Cisco Unity Express [companyname@domain.com]

It correctly shows complete e-mail address which I'd mentioned in the "outgoing-email from-address"

Can we customize the From field / Display Name to company specific name? If Yes Where?

Thanks again!

Does this customization possible?

Hi all,

I'm also looking to change the "FROM" display name so as to not confuse the users.  I'm looking at the CUECLIAD.pdf (admin guide) and can't find anything yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: