Views
Helpful
Replies

show ip eigrp neighbor

rkunta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

I am not able to find out the info related to the numbers under "H" column in output of sh ip eigrp nei command. I tried cisco command references but in vain. Could some one kindly help me understand?

Thank you...

Ramchander Kunta

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

rkunta wrote:

Hello there!

I am not able to find out the info related to the numbers under "H" column in output of sh ip eigrp nei command. I tried cisco command references but in vain. Could some one kindly help me understand?

Thank you...

Ramchander Kunta

Ramchander

The H column simply shows the order in which the EIGRP neigborships were established.

Jon

View solution in original post

David Salazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, rkunta.

As Jon say the H value is the order as EIGRP neighboring is established.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/iproute/command/reference/ip2_s2g.html#wp1042403

Table 45     show ip eigrp neighbors Field Descriptions

Field
Description

process 77

Autonomous system number specified in the router configuration command.

H

This column lists the order in which a peering session was established  with the specified neighbor. The order is specified with sequential  numbering starting with 0.

Address

IP address of the EIGRP peer.

Interface

Interface on which the router is receiving hello packets from the peer.

Holdtime

Length of time (in seconds) that the Cisco IOS software will wait to  hear from the peer before declaring it down. If the peer is using the  default hold time, this number will be less than 15. If the peer  configures a nondefault hold time, the nondefault hold time will be  displayed.

Uptime

Elapsed time (in hours:minutes: seconds) since the local router first heard from this neighbor.

Q Count

Number of EIGRP packets (update, query, and reply) that the software is waiting to send.

Seq Num

Sequence number of the last update, query, or reply packet that was received from this neighbor.

SRTT

Smoothed round-trip time. This is the number of milliseconds required  for an EIGRP packet to be sent to this neighbor and for the local router  to receive an acknowledgment of that packet.

RTO

Retransmission timeout (in milliseconds). This is the amount of time the  software waits before resending a packet from the retransmission queue  to a neighbor.

Version

The software version that the specified peer is running.

Retrans

The number of times that a packet has been retransmitted.

Retries

The number of times an attempt was made to retransmit a packet.

Restart time

Elapsed time (in hours:minutes: seconds) since the specified neighbor has restarted.

I hope help you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

rkunta wrote:

Hello there!

Thank you...

Ramchander Kunta

Ramchander

The H column simply shows the order in which the EIGRP neigborships were established.

Jon

Jon,

Appreciate your help - thank you very much. That helps me...

Warm Regards,
Ram

David Salazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, rkunta.

As Jon say the H value is the order as EIGRP neighboring is established.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/iproute/command/reference/ip2_s2g.html#wp1042403

Table 45     show ip eigrp neighbors Field Descriptions

Field
Description

process 77

Autonomous system number specified in the router configuration command.

H

This column lists the order in which a peering session was established  with the specified neighbor. The order is specified with sequential  numbering starting with 0.

Address

IP address of the EIGRP peer.

Interface

Interface on which the router is receiving hello packets from the peer.

Holdtime

Length of time (in seconds) that the Cisco IOS software will wait to  hear from the peer before declaring it down. If the peer is using the  default hold time, this number will be less than 15. If the peer  configures a nondefault hold time, the nondefault hold time will be  displayed.

Uptime

Elapsed time (in hours:minutes: seconds) since the local router first heard from this neighbor.

Q Count

Number of EIGRP packets (update, query, and reply) that the software is waiting to send.

Seq Num

Sequence number of the last update, query, or reply packet that was received from this neighbor.

SRTT

Smoothed round-trip time. This is the number of milliseconds required  for an EIGRP packet to be sent to this neighbor and for the local router  to receive an acknowledgment of that packet.

RTO

Retransmission timeout (in milliseconds). This is the amount of time the  software waits before resending a packet from the retransmission queue  to a neighbor.

Version

The software version that the specified peer is running.

Retrans

The number of times that a packet has been retransmitted.

Retries

The number of times an attempt was made to retransmit a packet.

Restart time

Elapsed time (in hours:minutes: seconds) since the specified neighbor has restarted.

I hope help you.

Thank you for the Link David, Somehow I seem to have missed it in my search...thank you...

Warm Regards,
Ram

Hello Ram,

In addition to great Jon's and David's posts, the H letter in the first column supposedly stands for "Handle" - a number internally representing a particular EIGRP neighbor. The neighbors are numbered in sequential increasing order as they are detected.

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: