cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Integration with CS 1000 and Meridian 81 - PIMG

prbhasin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who have  (2) Nortel Meridian 81 and (1) CS1000  for their 3 locations along with Octal 350 servicing 2500 voicemail users today. Customer also has a  Cisco UCM in their network today which is servicing their wireless phone users.

UCM and CS1000 are networked together using Q.Sig trunks today. Customer is looking at replacing their Octal solution with a new Voice mail solution.

I was looking at integration documents for Unity Connection using PIMG.

In this  scenario, would I need 3 separate PIMG 's at the three remote sites and integrate it with Unity connection or Can I achieve this using just one PIMG at one of the sites, considering the three sites are trunked together using tie-trunks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/pimg/guide/cucintpimg090.html#wp1051831

Appreciate any pointers/ help.

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In a digital integration, you "should" be able to accomplish this via a PIMG or a stack of PIMGs (i.e., you'll want more than 8 ports most likely).  If you were forced to do a serial integration, you would need one PIMG (or stack) per PBX integration.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Hailey (+5 Hailey!)

We are in the final stages of replacing our "old" Octel with Unity Connection, part of

which is integrated to our CS1000 and CUCM in a "Hybrid" deployment like yours

Centralized Voice Messaging

Cisco Unity Connection supports centralized voice messaging through the phone system, which supports
various inter-phone system networking protocols including proprietary protocols such as Avaya DCS,
Nortel MCDN, or Siemens CorNet, and standards-based protocols such as QSIG or DPNSS. Note that
centralized voice messaging is a function of the phone system and its inter-phone system networking,
not voice mail. Connection will support centralized voice messaging as long as the phone system and its
inter-phone system networking are properly configured.

Setting Up a Nortel Meridian 1 Digital PIMG
Integration with Cisco Unity Connection

Attachments:

Centralized voice messaging provides voice messaging services to all users in a networked phone system environment. Connection can be hosted on a message center PINX and provide voice messaging services to all users in an enterprise assuming the message center PINX and all user PINX phone systems are properly networked.

For a centralized voice messaging configuration to exist, a suitable inter-phone system networking protocol must exist to deliver a minimum level of feature support, such as:

•Message waiting indication (MWI).

•Transfer, which ensures that the correct calling/called party ID is delivered to the voice messaging system.

•Divert, which ensures that the correct calling/called party ID is delivered to the voice messaging system.

Other features may be required depending on how the voice messaging system is to be used. For example, if it is also serving as an automated attendant, path-replacement is needed as this feature prevents calls from hair-pinning.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/design/guide/7xcucdg050.html#wp1053538

Cheers!
Rob

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: