Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed license upgrade

asrakiman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does anyone know why the license upgrade fails? Was the PID filled in incorrect during the License Registration Proces? I filled in just 881 as PID.

Router#license install flash:<SN-number>_20100910XXXXX.lic
Installing licenses from "flash:<SN-number>_20100910XXXXX.lic"
% Error: Install failed. UDI 881:<SN-number> on license does not match any device
0/1 licenses were successfully installed
0/1 licenses were existing licenses
1/1 licenses were failed to install

Grtz,

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vragotha
Level 3
Level 3

Andy,

Looks like the PID was incorrectly filled. An example would be 'CISCO881-SEC-K9'. You can contact licensing@cisco.com if you need assistance

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vragotha
Level 3
Level 3

Andy,

Looks like the PID was incorrectly filled. An example would be 'CISCO881-SEC-K9'. You can contact licensing@cisco.com if you need assistance

Problem is solved by sending a message to the license team. I had to check first what PID I had on my device and needed to use that instead of 881. So in this case I had to fill in "CISCO881-K9"

jimw25
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this post, I have encountered the same problem today. The license registration process is not very clear when you are unfamiliar with using it....

Command to find both PID and Serial Number for licence key generation is:

Router#show license udi

This will show any existing licences the router shipped with.

zulcapzul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a similar problems too on the license installation on my c2911/k9 router. Here is the error:

MYKULVPNRT01#license install flash:FGL1548125Y_20120216014217861.lic

qInstalling licenses from "flash:FGL1548125Y_20120216014217861.lic"

% Error: Install failed. UDI FL-CUE-MBX-5=:FGL1548125Y on license does not match any device

0/1 licenses were successfully installed

0/1 licenses were existing licenses

1/1 licenses were failed to install

Does anyone knows why this is happening?

Thanks

Later to answer now, however that is due to the fact that CUE licenses must be installed on CUE, not router.

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

Here's an odd one, PAK was sent in with the correct UDI, yet still failed.

CISCO2911/K9:FTXxxxxxx 

UDI L-SL-29-SEC-K9=:FTXxxxxxxx on license does not match any device

Serial matches the license file, so I'm stumped.   Sent it back to licensing to see WTH is up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card