cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

An Exception Error occurred. Application exiting. Check the log file for error 5022

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer installed the Historical Reports Client (HRC) and appear the message error when the user try logging in HRC. I found the procedure bellow:

Solution

Perform these steps in order to resolve this error:

1. Uninstall the HRC from the client's machine.

2. Perform these steps in order to manually unregister the DLLs:

a.  Click Start > Run > cmd.

b. Type C:\Windows\System32.

c.  Issue these commands:

§    regsvr32 /u craxdrt.dll

§    regsvr32 /u crviewer.dll

d. Exit the command prompt.

e.  Delete the craxdrt.dll and crviewer.dll files from C:\Windows\System32.

3. Log in to the AppAdmin page. Go to Tools >Plug-in and install the HRC.

4. Perform these steps in order to manually register the DLLs:

a.  Click Start > Run > cmd.

b. Type C:\Windows\System32.

c.  Issue these commands:

§    regsvr32 craxdrt.dll

§    regsvr32 crviewer.dll

but, when I try apply the step 1 of  procedure, appear another message error.  A Attached this message. Any Idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

3 Replies 3

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wilsonsant,

The 5022 error usually occurs when there are too many records causing a Microsoft defect to occur.  I think the number is something like 32768 records or more and when the stored procedure attempts to get the data it will fail with a 5022 error.  This error will normally occur for a few reports that are selected but not all the reports.  The way to fix this is to edit the .xml template file being used for the reports stored procedure.

However, you state that the issue is happening  when the user tries to 'login' to HRC.  Does the user never get a chance to select a report?  If that is the case then reregistering the dlls may be the correct path.

To manually uninstall HRC follow this guide:

1. If the HRC is running, exit the program

2. Stop Scheduler and exit by right clicking scheduler icon at desktop task panel tray.

3. Go to Task Manager -> Processes and manually end processes 'CiscoHistoricalReportExporter' and 'Scheduler_Proxy' if running.

3. Delete all files and folders from 'C:\Program Files\Cisco CRS Historcal Reports'

4. Delete HRC shortcut desktop and also delete 'Cisco CRS Historical Reports' from Start->All Programs

5. Go to Run and type 'regedit'. Delete 'Cisco Historical Report Client' from 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems Inc'. Also search for the value CAA4A25F-D345-4EE5-82BF-889B84065CC7. Delete both CiscoRprtSet Keys that contain this value and the Uninstall Key as well.

6. Go to C:\Program files\InstallShield Installation Information.  Find Installer folder for HRC containing the key value CAA4A25F-D345-4EE5-82BF-889B84065CC7 Delete this installer information folder.

7. Restart machine.

Please let me know if this helps and if so please rate the post.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi

I've also seen this error at login time due to a failure to negotiate the connection with the server properly. This was on XP workstations with UCCX5 I think, but could apply elsewhere. The fix was to change the lmcompatibilitylevel setting on the workstations as at this MS doc which the customer had set to an unusual value:    

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960646.aspx

As I recall we set it to 2; check what it is on your ccx server and ensure you have something compatible set.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Michael and Aaron,

I checked the machine configuration of user and identify that the problem is related the profile. When I accessed the machine with another username and password the problem not occur (The error message not occur). I will be to keep the procedure, if I need use the future. Thank a lot about help

Wilson