AIR-AP1220A Firmware Upgrades?

Unanswered Question
Sep 10th, 2010
User Badges:

I have a AIR-AP1220A Series Access Point that I am looking to up the firmware on so that I can have it run Power Over Ethernet.  The problem is I am not sure how or even where to start?  Is there a document or a how to that can help me step by step through the process?  I am looking to learn  and expand off this since Wireless devices are not my primary role or expertiese.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:45
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi there,

Working with Software Images

This section describes how to archive (download and upload) software image files, which contain the system software, Cisco IOS software, radio firmware, and the web management HTML files.

You download an access point image file from a TFTP, FTP, or RCP server to upgrade the access point software. You upload an access point image file to a TFTP, FTP, or RCP server for backup purposes. You can use this uploaded image for future downloads to the same access point or another of the same type.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_2_JA/configuration/guide/s32mfw.html#wp1035507

Hope this helps!

Rob

MAHCMAHP1 Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:16
User Badges:

Cool! That is the information I needed to get me started but I now have the questions of where on Cisco's site can I get an updated firmware or IOS image to upload to the device?

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content