cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Agent issue with Windows 7

briannytch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.  I am running version 4.7.2.10 of the NAC Agent on my Windows 7 machine.  I am beginning some rudimentary testing of Software on Windows 7, as the company I work for hopes to get all of our users workstations upgraded to Windows 7 by Q1 next year.  Well, with regards to the NAC agent running on my Windows 7 machine, it doesn't seem to pass my credentials through like it did in Windows XP.  I have to put my credentials in every time I log onto our network. 

Is there a setting that needs to be tweaked in Windows 7 to allow my Windows login credentials to be passed to the NAC agent so I don't have to log in every time I log onto the network?  Like I said, we never had to do that with Windows XP.  The NAC Agent authenticated using my Windows credentials and just ran in the back ground.  It is transparent to the users.  That is what I need when we go to Windows 7.  I don't need another reason to field 300 calls each day from users asking how to enter their username and password : )

Thanks,
Brian

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Brian,

Windows 7 doesn't do DES encryption by default and from the notes it seems you're doing AD SSO. Did you run the ktpass on a new user with the new syntax which would allow the CAS to talk other encryption types?

More details here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/47/cas/s_adsso.html#wp1257882

HTH,

Faisal

Hi,

I am using NAC agent 4.7.2.10 on windows 7 , constantly is updating for each client & then hung , when i pass the client from NAC to Normal Vlan it works & the updating proceed . 

please what is the solution to prevent hunging .

waiting for your reply .

thanks .

wsadani2009
Level 1
Level 1

This the reply from cisco Tac for the same case

Manually Enable DES on Individual Windows 7 Client Machines

Step 1 Login to the Windows 7 client machine as an administrator.

Step 2 Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy >

Local Policies/Security > Options.

Step 3 Choose Network security > Configure encryption types allowed and enable all of the options except

for the last one (“Future encryption types”) by checking the boxes corresponding to each in the Local

Security Settings tab.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: