Level 1
Level 1

I have heard that AnyConnect may be avaialable for iPad

at some point.  Any idea as to when?

31 Replies 31

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

The holdup is that AnyConnect will require a minimum of iOS 4.1 to operate.  I have heard November 2010 for the iPad 4.x code release but that is just a guesstimate.

If the issue is iOS 4.1, then where is the client for the iPhone?

AnyConnect is now available for the iPhone via the App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-anyconnect/id392790924?mt=8

mtownley
Level 1
Level 1

I can report that the iPhone anyconnect client works on the latest ipad 4.2 beta release. It would be nice though to have a proper ipad app

Ryan Coverdale
Level 1
Level 1

I've found the 'anyconnect mobile license' for sale, but i need to know if it's per iphone or if it's per connection. ~$100/ phone is pretty expensive!

Does anyone know if 'Anyconnect mobile license' can allow connect multiple iphones (at different times)?

-Ryan

The AnyConnect Mobile license will enable support for mobile devices such as the iPhone.  Your sessions will be limited by the AnyConnect Essentials or AnyConnect Premium SSL license installed on the ASA.

Is that to say that I just have to buy 1 anyconnect mobile license and as long as I have enough SSL licenses I can connect as many Iphones/ droids as I like?

-ps thanks for quick reply on the last question!

-ryan

That is correct.  You will only buy one AnyConnect Mobile license for a standalone ASA.  If you have a failover pair pre 8.3, you will need to have the same license installed on both ASAs.  Post 8.3, the license is per cluster so you will only need one for the failover pair.

Hi Todd,

I have an 1801w router running "IOS C180X-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.4(24)T2" and I currenly use AnyConnect  (v2.4.0202) on my Windows and Linux clients without any issues.

I just upgraded my iPad OS and installed the AnyConnect client, but when I attemp to connect, it reports "The required license for this type of VPN client is not available on the headend device.  Please contact your network administrator."

1) Is a license available for this IOS router, as for the ASA devices?

2) I also use Android client devices. Will a separate license on IOS be needed for that AnyConnect client when it becomes available too?

Thank you,

Don

Below is the VPN package installed on the 1801w ISR.  I believe the VPN license I purchased was a "paper" license (10 clients) and did not require installation on the 1801w if I recall correctly. 

Windows & Linux clients work well, but I would like to support SSL VPN for the iPads (and eventually Android too). 

Is this not possible with the the 1801w ISR as the head-end device?

cisco1801w#show version

Cisco IOS Software, C180X Software (C180X-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

cisco1801w#show webvpn install status svc

SSLVPN Package SSL-VPN-Client version installed:

CISCO STC win2k+

SSLVPN Package SSL-VPN-Client version installed:

CISCO STC Linux

If I should start a new thread for this topic, please just let me know.

Thank you,

Don

AnyConnect for iPhone/iPad is not yet supported on IOS routers.  The mobile client is only supported on ASAs as of the moment.  AnyConnect is not yet supported on the Android platform.

Todd, thanks very much. I do hope that Cisco has plans to support AnyConnect for iPhone/iPad on IOS routers at some point. I suspect this is important to many SOHO users like me. Ditto for Android support.

Regards,

Don

Todd, I'm trying to ascertain what licenses I need to buy to get my iPads connecting to my ASA running 8.3. I have two questions, based on my config:

* What are the Cisco SKU's for the mobility licenses I need to buy?

* Are there any prerequisites for the mobility licenses? I've heard people talking about Essentials and IronPort, and am not sure if they are required first. Some of my licensing config is below. Hope this helps.

License: VPN Plus

AnyConnect Essentials: Disabled

Max Security Contexts: 2

Max Physical Interfaces: Unlimited

Failover: Active/Active

GTP/GRPS: Disabled

VPN DES: Enabled

VPN 3DES and AES: Enabled

Shared SSL VPN licensing: Disabled

The SKU for the AnyConnect Mobile license is L-ASA-AC-M-55XX=.  You will substitue the XX for your particular ASA platform such as 5520.  This license will enable the mobile feature, however, you will still need to have either an AnyConnect Essentials or AnyConnect Premium license installed to support SSL VPN functionality.  Based on the license snippet you provided, I am assuming that you have the AnyConnect Premium license already installed and only need the Mobile feature license.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-anyconnect/id392790924?mt=8#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: