cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to collect debug info for gateway through RTMT?

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to capture the trace between call manager and one gateway. I already enabled the traces for h225 and h245 by click "set default". Set them as "detail" level. Update to all the nodes.

When I click "collect files" in RTMT, I chose the server and Call Manager Service and then set the time for collection. After the files were downloaded to my computer, I didn't see any information about h225 and h245. Do I miss something when I collect trace from RTMT?

Please help. Thanks.

Lou

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

h245 traces aren't on by default.  Do you have that box checked?

h225 should be on if detailed traces are writing.  An easy check to see if you have detailed traces on: do you see digit analysis for calls (search for dd=")?

Are you sure the gateway is doing H323 to the node which you collected the traces from?  Are the calls actually successful?  If the calls are failing, he call may be failing at L4, before CUCM gets the chance to process the h225 setup.

If you want to see h225/h245 traffic, you can grab that from the perspective of the gateway, which may help out some:

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug cch323 all

debug ip tcp trans

Collect via:

Router(config)# service sequence
Router(config)# service timestamps debug datetime msec
Router(config)# logging buffered 10000000 7
Router(config)# no logging con
Router(config)# no logging mon
Router(config)# voice iec syslog

Router# term len 0

Router# sh logg

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have more than one node in the CUCM cluster?  Are you pulling traces from the node with the IP address listed on the inbound H323 dial peer on the gateway?

Hi Christ,

We have 2 nodes. They are configured as two different dial peer in our gateway.

Thanks for the help.

Lou

h245 traces aren't on by default.  Do you have that box checked?

h225 should be on if detailed traces are writing.  An easy check to see if you have detailed traces on: do you see digit analysis for calls (search for dd=")?

Are you sure the gateway is doing H323 to the node which you collected the traces from?  Are the calls actually successful?  If the calls are failing, he call may be failing at L4, before CUCM gets the chance to process the h225 setup.

If you want to see h225/h245 traffic, you can grab that from the perspective of the gateway, which may help out some:

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug cch323 all

debug ip tcp trans

Collect via:

Router(config)# service sequence
Router(config)# service timestamps debug datetime msec
Router(config)# logging buffered 10000000 7
Router(config)# no logging con
Router(config)# no logging mon
Router(config)# voice iec syslog

Router# term len 0

Router# sh logg

Hi Steven,

I see the debug information from the gateway, it's talking with dial peer 100. That's one of our CM. So I'm sure they are talking through H323. I enabled the H245 and H225 in CM trace configuration. I do see the debug information for h225 and h245 without any problem in gateway.

Here are the traces I collected from RTMT in the attachment. They all seem some database stuff not h225/h245 messages.

Thanks for the help.

Lou

What do the debugs show from the gateway side?  Can you collect those?

I just made a testing call to the call center. The calling number is 3145653747.

Yeah, looks like you're talking to 10.101.1.11, and that device is responding.  There wasn't any DA on that trace either, so my hunch is that detailed tracing didn't get enabled for that node properly.

Browse to this node in the serviceability page and ensure that you have traces for CM services>CallManager under this node set to detailed, and that Enable H225 & Gatekeeper Trace and Enable H245 Trace are checked.  Try apply the configuration again.

If you still don't see traces, you likely have a change notification issue on this CM cluster, then, and I'd get a TAC SR opened for a CM engineer to look further into this.

I recollect the debug in gateway again. How about right now?

I'm not sure why you recollected gateway debugs; don't you want CM traces?

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking if I make sure the CM has those detailed traces on, I should see some difference in gateway debug. So I will go ahead to collect the trace through the RTMT. So I want to make sure I did right in RTMT:

1. Go to Trace&Log Central

2. Select Collect Files

3. Choose Cisco Call Manager for all servers. And hit next, next.

4. Choose the last 5 minutes.

5. Choose Zip Files

The attachment are the traces for last 5 minutes from CM1 (10.101.1.11). I still can't see the trace related to h225 and h245

Still no h225 in there.  So again, either detailed tracing wasn't enabled on this node, or you have a CM issue that should get looked at by TAC.

Thanks Steven,

I'm sure the detailed Trace was turned on for both nodes. I checked "applied to all the nodes" when I click "Save" button. So could you please help me open the TAC? Thanks a lot!

We are using version 6.1.2

Lou

You can open a case here:

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

Or call 18005532447.

Note that you want a CUCM engineer to determine why detailed traces (H225 and digit analysis) aren't showing up in the trace file output.

My bad. Disregard this issue. I collected the wrong node. Thanks for the help!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: