Wireless issues with 1131AG access point

Unanswered Question
Sep 11th, 2010

Hi

We have a Cisco AP1131AG. The quality of the wireless signal it puts out is terrible. I have confirmed it is not enviromental or anything like that as I have bought a different manufacurers access point and this works with out an issue at all. Signal strength appears to good (reported by the client) but if you set a ping going it is all over the place with times and packet loss. It just goes out the window completely if you try to download something (which also downloads very slowly). I suppose I have 2 questions:

1. Is there anything I should check in the config which may effect this? I currently have it set up to work out the best channel its self. It was fixed but I changed it to this and it hasn't made a difference.

2. Is there an easy/quick way for me to check up what warranty this has incase it is faulty? I am not sure when it was bought as it is from before I began working here.

Thank you

Shell

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
riroe Mon, 09/13/2010 - 02:27

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located here:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=E0EEC3D9CB4E5165ED16933737822748.SJ3A?page=Wireless_-_Mobility_discussion

This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.”

Actions

This Discussion