I am choosing Cisco to connect my wireless network to the Internet via ADSL.
My ISP uses PPP over Ethernet with SNAP support.
And modulation is ADSL 2+ ( ANSI T 1.413. i 2).
My ADSL works over POTS and shares line with my regular phone.
I do not remember exactly which version if 802.11 is used by my computers in my network, but I believe it is 802.11g.
I need device which will be able to:
* Route and sNAT traffic from local network to the Internet.
* Work as DHCP (if it is possible)
* Work as DNS proxy, so my comps may connect to it for DNS lookups
* Show me ADSL line statistics (like Signal/Noise ratio)
* Support console (not only web) access.
* Allow PPTP (vpn) traffic to path
I found Cisco 877W, 867W, 857W, and 887W.
And each model has several revisions.
So, my question is: what is the difference?
What should I choose?